Thursday, January 22, 2015

Zucchini, Mushroom & Pepper Frittata - MMMmmm Monday

1. I know it's not Monday
2. Kellie and I have been on a bit of a blog vacation
3. I realized today that I have a really hard time spelling zucchini

I wanted to share with you a DELICIOUS recipe I got from my friend Katie. She served it at her daughter's baby shower and I couldn't get enough. I had to ask for the recipe so I could make it myself at home. It's really yummy! She got the recipe from a Bed & Breakfast in Nevada City, California.

I hope you will try it out. It's very simple to make. I didnt have a springform pan, so I just used a 9x13 casserole dish and it turned out fine. I think a springform might make the crust a little crustier and it would be taller.

Zucchini, Mushroom & Pepper Frittata

1/2 each red & yellow peppers, chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
10 mushrooms, thinly sliced like a pie from the center
2 Zucchini, chopped in 1/4 inch pieces
1 small onion, chopped
1 lg garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp. Butter
6 Eggs
1/4 c. Light Cream
1 lb. (16oz) Cream Cheese
2 C. Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
2 C. Sourdough Bread, cubed
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper

Saute peppers. mushrooms, zucchini, onion and garlic in butter until zucchini is crisp-tender. Cool Slightly.
In blender, beat eggs with cream. Add cream cheese. In a large bowl, combine egg mixture, cheddar cheese, bread, salt, pepper and cooled, sauteed vegetables. Mix well. Pour into greased, 10 inch springform pan. 

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until set in center. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment