Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Cheer! Peanut Butter Swirl & Peppermint Bark-MMMmmm Monday


Are we having fun yet!  
SIMPLIFY has been a word that keeps running through my thoughts this year.  I've always disliked that word because it often becomes an excuse to do nothing.
  
I'm beginning to see-the-light!  

As I pulled out the Christmas boxes laden with all kinds of bulbs, bows and beautiful, sparkly fun I decided to make a decision right then and there...to simplify.

What was most important in those boxes of Christmas fluff?  Well, there were a lot of important, meaningful, wonderful things that have created beautiful Christmas memories through the years.  I kept those items.

The other things...It was a nice feeling to donate those to a couple of  local charities.  

We've all heard the phrase, Less is More. 
That was the first gift of Christmas I gave myself this year.

In keeping with simplicity I wanted to share two recipes that have been around my holiday kitchen for many years.  

A fast holiday treat to give away or just to eat!

P-Nut Butter Swirl
2 large pkgs. of white chocolate chips-(Guittard or Girradelli)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 regular size Hershey bar

Melt vanilla chips on stove top or microwave.  Add peanut butter to melted mixture.  Pour onto greased (or parchments paper) 9X13 jelly roll pan.  Drizzle choc. bar across top of mixture in pan.  Run knife lengthwise then widthwise to score.  Refrigerate for 20 min.  Can be cut into bars/bite size pieces.


Peppermint Bark
2 large pkgs. white chocolate chips
candy canes
peppermint flavoring
red food coloring

Melt white chocolate on stove top or microwave oven.  Add ground up canes and peppermint flavoring (to taste) and pink tinge of food coloring.  Pour onto wax paper or cookie sheet.  Cool and Break into pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment