Monday, September 8, 2014

Scotcheroos or Scotcharoos-MMMmmm Monday


This is one of my favorite go-to recipes when I need a quick bar cookie.  It's been around for years and has proven to be a definite crowd pleaser.  Left-overs=Nope!
  
Scotcharoos/Scotcheroos

Ingredients
¼ cup butter
½ cup peanut butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla
6 cups Rice Krispies
1-11oz bag butterscotch chips (Guittard)
1-11oz bag milk chocolate chips (Guittard)

Directions 
Melt butter in microwave.  Mix in peanut butter and microwave for 20 seconds.  Add marshmallows and coat with butter/p-nut butter mixture.  Microwave mixture for 30 seconds.  Mix until smooth.  Add Rice Krispies, stir gently until coated.  Lightly press into a buttered 13 X 9 inch pan and let cool.

Once cool melt both bags of chips together.  Evenly spread onto bars.  Cool.  Cut into squares when set.

   




photo Kelliesign.jpg


1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to see this recipe on your blog! This is a Christmas traditional favorite that my Grandma would always make. I've never met anyone before who has heard of Scotcharoos, but I should have known if anyone had it would be Kellie!

    ReplyDelete