Monday, June 2, 2014

Nita's Salad - MMMmmm Monday

I have a really delicious salad to share with you today. My friend Nita is amazing in the kitchen. She cooks, bakes and does it all from scratch! She made this salad for my Twilight Party and it was a huge hit! I make it for parties a lot now and people always rave about it. I will admit it does have quite a few steps. It's not one of those salads that you throw together but it's so worth it! I promise! I mean just look at what's in it, how could you go wrong?

 
Nita's Salad
1 large package Spring Mix
1/2 package of wontons, (found in the produce section) cut in strips and put in pan with enough oil to cover pan and brown. Let cool on paper towels
½ pound Bacon
1 package blackberries
Sliced red onion
Candied almonds (add 1/2 cup sugar to sliced almonds and stir continuously over medium high heat til brown. The let cool on wax paper)
½ log Goat Cheese- pinch and tear apart
Dressing: (This will make enough for one to two large salads)
¾ cup canola oil
½ cup Seedless blackberry or raspberry preserves
¼ cup red wine vinegar
5-6 shakes Louisiana hot sauce
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. salt
Whisk together and If too thick, add water (3-4 Tbsp).
Refrigerate and mix right before serving salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment