Monday, November 4, 2013

Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken-MMMmmm Monday

November arrived and I immediately started thinking Turkey and Cranberry sauce!  Well maybe not immediately but when I saw this recipe from Yummy, Healthy, Easy my taste buds starting salivating!  I made the chicken for dinner last week and my family devoured it.  They ALL liked the chicken and not one of them likes cranberries...what does that tell you!  Of course I didn't mention there were cranberries in the sauce...they didn't even notice.




Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken
Ingredients:
  • 3-4 lbs. chicken breasts
  • 1 (14-oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
  • 1 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
  • 1 small onion, diced small
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. 
  2. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
  3. Serve with rice and enjoy!
(I slow cooked for 8 hours and the chicken was so tender it almost 
melted in my mouth)

 photo Kelliesign.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment